Let us help you manage your small business
The Self-Employed Coaching program provides one-on-one support to small business owners. Our experienced volunteers have backgrounds in business and can help self-employed individuals with a variety of issues, primarily focusing on feasibility, planning and resource identification, as well as record-keeping for self-employed tax filing.
How to Sign Up
Click here to schedule an appointment. Coaches are available Monday – Saturday.
Who is eligible?
The Self-Employed Coaching program is available to self-employed individuals, small business owners, or aspiring entrepreneurs with an annual income below $50,000.
Community Financial Center
2600 West Stassney Lane
(at the corner of West Gate and Stassney)
CapMetro Routes: 311 & 238
Community Financial Center (North)
5900 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
CapMetro Routes 7, 10, 300, 320, 350 and MetroRail
How much does it cost?
Self-Employed Coaching is free for residents and community members.
What to expect
Self-Employed Coaches can help you:
- Prepare for writing a business plan
- Identify resources and organizations that can give specialized support
- Create a recordkeeping system for tax purposes
Self-Employed Coaches CANNOT help you with:
- Legal matters
- Providing funding (however, our coaches can give you resources that will help you find funding)
What to Bring
- Any plans or paperwork that you would like to work on
- Intake form
Helpful Documents for Small Businesses
- Rules of Good Record Keeping (English) (Español)
- Guide to Getting Ready for Tax Time (English)
- Tax Issues for Small Business (English)
- Contract for Residential Services or Landscaping (English)
- Receipt for items or services sold (English)
If you need help filing small business taxes, please visit our Tax Preparation page.