Holiday Assistance Program
Every year we look forward to bringing a little holiday cheer to our residents who will not be able to fulfill their family’s wish list on their own.
Here are four ways you can make a big difference this holiday season:
Sponsor a Foundation Communities family for the holidays. It’s a great way to engage your family, colleagues, friends, neighbors, congregation, or civic club in a fun, rewarding group service activity. Sponsor request forms are due Tuesday, December 4. Visit the Sponsor Registration Page to review our guidelines and complete your sponsor registration form.
Donate to our Holiday Drive. Another fun and meaningful activity that provides supplemental items for families needing additional assistance and gift items for our supportive housing residents. Please purchase new gift items. Deliveries accepted by appointment December 12 – 14 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Community Financial Center, 2600 W. Stassney Austin, TX 78745. If interested, please visit our delivery sign up page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-610-4008 to schedule your delivery.
Holiday Drive Wish List:
- Gift Cards: HEB, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy or Visa gift cards. Please ensure cards are loaded and amount is written on the card.
- 30-Day CapMetro Bus Fare
- Toys: all ages
- Household supplies: Sheets and blankets (twin, full, queen), towels, small kitchen/bath mats, pots/pans, dish sets, crockpots, coffee makers, small blenders, toasters, water filter pitchers
- Non-perishable food items & can openers
- Sports equipment: volleyballs, soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, kickballs
- Books: 3 – 12 years old, especially popular titles like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, etc.
- Teen items: ball caps, college insignia shirts, hoodies, jewelry/accessories, nail polish, make-up, curling irons/straighteners, headphones, mp3 players <$50
- Board games: families and adult games
- School supplies, Backpacks (child & teen/adult sizes)
- Art supplies/Craft kits
Make a holiday donation. You can donate online and we’ll go holiday shopping for you!
Help us spread the word to your friends and family!
With your help, we can make this our best holiday assistance program yet!
Questions? Contact Meghan Hein at email@example.com or 512-610-4008.