Holiday Assistance Program FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I send a check?
Yes and thank you! Please include “Holiday Assistance” in the memo. Checks may be directed to:
Attn: Donna Williams
3000 S IH35 Frontage Road, Suite 300
Austin TX, 78704
Can I donate gift cards?
Yes, we will accept in kind donations of gift cards. There are two ways to do so.
1. Mail to Foundation Communities, Attn: Holiday Assistance Program, 3000 S IH35 Frontage Road, Suite 300, Austin TX 78704
2. Drop off at our South Prosper Center (2900 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Austin TX 78704) during one of the following times. If possible, please print and complete the In Kind Donation Form in advance to include with your gift. Park in one of the designated spots and call the number listed; a staff member will come to your car to pick up your gift safely.
· Saturday, 12/5 – 11:30 am – 1 pm
· Friday, 12/11 – 11:30 am – 1 pm
Preferred gift cards are VISA, HEB, Walmart, Target, and Amazon. While any denomination is welcome, $20, $25, $50, and $100 are appreciated.
How will my donation be used?
Funds raised through the 2020 Holiday Assistance Program will be used for direct aid to residents. This will primarily take the form of gift cards for residents at our family properties, but may also be used to purchase gifts for residents at our supportive housing communities (single adults) or for rental assistance. In the event we surpass $200,000 in funds raised, excess funding may be allocated to our direct service programs.
Can we adopt a family this year?
Unfortunately, no. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Foundation Communities is exercising caution and limiting visitors to our communities and in-person interactions. In a typical year, we match over 500 families with over 400 community sponsors. Receiving gifts from community members and distributing them to residents creates hundreds of instances of person-to-person contact. Because of this, we have opted for a fundraising model this year, which will allow us to provide direct aid to our families in the form of gift cards. This will also help us ensure that households with the greatest need are supported first.
Are you accepting any in kind items?
At this time we are not accepting in kind donations, but we will update our communications should that change.
Are there other ways I can provide direct support?
Yes! So glad you asked.
• Holiday Supper Club Deliveries: Provide individually pre-packaged holiday meals in November or December for 75-100 individuals. Many of our residents who experience isolation feel appreciated and cared for when they receive a good, fresh meal. It’s a small sign that we are thinking of them during the holidays. A thoughtful meal makes a precious difference. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
• Season for Caring: A Foundation Communities’ family has been selected for the Austin-American Statesman Season for Caring Campaign. Stay tuned for ways you can help.
• Holiday Care Cards: Put a holiday spin on our Care Cards program. Share some simple, kind words with residents at Foundation Communities. Include an inspiring quote, a short poem, draw a picture, or share an affirmation. Take this as an opportunity to get creative or keep it very simple. Visit here to find instructions and mailing information. As not all our residents celebrate Christmas, we appreciate cards with a variety of “warm wishes” and “season’s greetings.”