Holiday Assistance Program
Holiday Assistance Program
Every year, hundreds of individuals, families, coworkers, faith communities and civic groups from all walks of life come together to help make the holidays brighter for Foundation Communities families.
Learn How You Can Help
Sponsor a Foundation Communities Family
This is a great way to engage your family, colleagues, friends, neighbors, congregation or book club in a fun, rewarding group service activity. We will match you with a family, send their wish list to you and help coordinate delivery to the property staff.
To participate, all sponsor forms must be submitted by Thursday, December 5. Sponsor sign ups received by Friday, November 22 will be matched to a family prior to Thanksgiving. Deliveries will be accepted by appointment between December 9-16.
“My boys and I now consider this part of our family’s Christmas tradition. It means so much for us to participate.” -Elizabeth S.
Donate to Our Holiday Gift Drive
Another fun and meaningful activity that provides supplemental items for families needing additional assistance and gift items for our supportive housing residents.
Deliveries will be accepted by appointment December 11-13 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at our Prosper Center South, 2600 W. Stassney Ln., Austin, TX 78745.
If interested, please visit our delivery sign up page.
Holiday Drive Wish List
Please Purchase New Gift Items
· Gift Cards: HEB, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, iTunes, or Visa gift cards. Please ensure cards are loaded and amount is written on the card.
· 30-Day CapMetro Bus Pass
· Household supplies: Sheets and blankets (twin, full, queen), pillows, towels, small kitchen/bath mats, pots/pans, dish sets, crockpots, coffee makers, small blenders, toasters, clothes hangers, storage bins, diapers & wipes
· Cleaning Supplies: Liquid laundry detergent, dish soap, brooms/mops/swiffers, laundry baskets, plungers, toilet scrubbers
· Toys: all ages
· Teen items: Ball caps, college insignia shirts, hoodies, jewelry/accessories, nail polish, make-up, curling irons/straighteners, ear buds, Bluetooth speakers (<$20), battery power bank, purse/wallets, perfume/cologne, bedroom décor, fidget toys, journals
· Sports equipment: such as, but not limited to, volleyballs, soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, kickballs
· Books: 3-12 year-old and Young Adults, especially popular titles like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, Harry Potter, etc.; National Geographic books; graphic novels and comics; stories featuring characters from diverse backgrounds, especially African American, Latinx, and Middle Eastern; and books in Spanish and English.
· Board games: Families and adult games
· School supplies
· Backpacks (child/teen/adult)
· Art supplies
· Craft & Science kits
· Non-perishable food items & can openers
Make a Holiday Donation
You can donate online and we’ll go shopping for you.
With your help we can make this our best Holiday Assistance Program yet! Thank you!
Questions? Contact Meghan Hein at email@example.com or 512-610-4008.