Sign up to be matched with a Foundation Communities household to provide their requested gift cards, allowing the families to purchase their preferred gifts.
• Option to submit a photo to be included in a social media post recognizing household sponsors
• Personalized thank-you card from sponsored household(s)
• Opportunity to host a virtual Open House for your employees/members.
Nov. 19 – Sign up deadline to be matched before Thanksgiving Dec. 5 – Sign up deadline. Dec. 3-4, 8-11, 13-14 – Delivery appointments available.
Please allow up to 3 business days to receive your match. Once we match you with a household, you will receive an email with basic information about the family along with their gift card wish list. Add [email protected] to your safe sender list and keep an eye on your spam folder to ensure you receive this important email. Households will be notified that they have received a sponsor for the holidays.
Step 3: Shop for Gift Cards
Here are our guidelines:
• Only purchase gift cards.
o Ensure that your gift card is loaded with your selected amount.
o Write the gift card amount on the card.
o Place gift cards in envelopes with the Family ID and family member’s name.
• Stay in budget. On average, plan to spend about $50 – $100 per family member. Please do not purchase more than $200 in gift cards per person.
• Print and complete the Donation Receipt Form (PDF) for each household.
Why only gift cards this year? We often receive and temporarily store gifts in our Learning Centers, where our afterschool programs take place. Due to COVID protocols for social distancing, space is very limited in these centers this year. We also received feedback from residents that many prefer gift cards so they can shop for their families. We will reassess this format in 2022.
Step 4: Deliver your Gift Cards:
• All deliveries will be accepted by appointment. Specific delivery instructions and appointment schedules will be provided to you once you are matched to a household. Plan to schedule your delivery appointment by December 9. Your advance planning helps our staff prepare for deliveries from over 400 sponsors in addition to their daily tasks.
• Delivery appointment options:
o Apartment community where your matched household lives – Appointments will be offered between December 8-10 and 13-14. Dates and times will vary by property.
o Drop off gift cards for any site.
– Foundation Communities Prosper Center South, 2900 S IH35 Frontage Road (IH35 & St. Edward’s Drive), 78704 – December 3, 4, 11
– Foundation Communities Prosper Center North, 5900 Airport Blvd, 78752 – December 4 and 11
• Deliveries will be made to staff, not directly to residents’ homes. We appreciate your understanding our responsibility to uphold client confidentiality and maintain trust.
• Download our In-Kind Donation Receipt Form here. Turn this form in at your delivery. Save a copy for yourself as this will serve as your charitable donation receipt for your 2021 tax return. This form is required for our accounting purposes.
Additional questions or comments? Contact Meghan Hein at [email protected] or 512-610-4008.
You may also download the sponsor form below and return it to Meghan Hein by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Foundation Communities, Attn: Holiday Assistance, 3000 S IH35 Frontage Road, Ste 300, Austin, TX 78704