Join Our Tax Team!
Up to $250 Signing Bonus – Paid Training Provided
We are building a team of temporary staff to help community members during the 2022 tax season. Every tax season, the Tax Help program provides free tax preparation to thousands of people with low incomes so they can claim their maximum tax refund. From January to April 2022, we will provide free tax preparation at our two Prosper Centers in Austin along with several partner sites. Available positions include:
- SITE MANAGERS – These staff members provide support and guidance to volunteer tax preparers and ensure the tax site operates efficiently. Site Mangers prepare and review tax returns as needed. Ideal candidates have experience working in a fast-paced environment and strong interpersonal skills. This position pays $17 per hour ($18 per hour if you are bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, or ASL). Click here to apply.
- INTAKE COORDINATORS – These employees conduct intake interviews with clients before they meet with a tax preparer. Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail. This position pays $15 per hour ($16 per hour if you are bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, or ASL). Click here to apply.
- TAX SPECIALISTS – These staff members prepare and quality review tax returns. Ideal candidates learn quickly, have strong attention to detail, and have strong communication skills. Tax preparation experience is helpful but not required. This position pays $15 per hour ($16 per hour if you are bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, or ASL). Click here to apply.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Full-time and part-time schedules with weekday, evening, and weekend hours are available. Scheduling is flexible!
- All jobs are in-person at one of our Prosper Centers or partner sites in Austin. We are following all COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC and Austin Public Health to ensure the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and clients. In compliance with Foundation Communities’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and its contractual obligations as a federal contractor, Foundation Communities is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they request and receive a reasonable accommodation.
- No tax experience necessary! We provide 20 hours of paid training (split between virtual and inperson sessions) starting in December 2021 to make sure you are prepared before we open the tax sites on January 17, 2022. We also provide ongoing support and training throughout the season.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.