Holiday Assistance Program
Every year we look forward to bringing a little holiday cheer to our residents who will not be able to fulfill their family’s wish list on their own.
Here are four ways you can make a big difference this holiday season:
1. Sponsor a Foundation Communities family for the holidays. It’s a great way to engage your family, colleagues, friends, neighbors, congregation, or civic club in a rewarding group service activity. Sponsor request forms are due Friday, December 2. Visit the Sponsor Registration Page to review our guidelines and complete your sponsor registration form.
2. Donate to our Holiday Drive. Another meaningful activity that provides items for families needing additional assistance and gift items for our supportive housing residents. Please purchase new gift items. Deliveries accepted by appointment Tuesday, December 6 – Thursday, December 9 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Community Financial Center, 2600 W. Stassney Austin, TX 78745. If interested, please contact Meghan.Hein@foundcom.org or 512-610-4008 to schedule your delivery.
Holiday Drive Wish List:
- Gift Cards: HEB, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy or Visa. Please ensure cards are loaded and amount is written on the card.
- Toys: all ages
- Household supplies: sheets, blankets, towels, pots/pans, or dish sets
- Non-perishable food items
- Sports equipment: volleyballs, soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, kickballs
- Books: 3 – 12 years old
- Teen items: ball caps, college insignia shirts, hoodies, jewelry/accessories, nail polish, make-up, curling irons/straighteners, headphones, mp3 players <$50
- Board games: families and adult games
- School supplies/Backpacks
- Art supplies/Craft kits
3. Make a holiday donation. You can donate online and we’ll go holiday shopping for you!
4. Help us spread the word to your friends and family!
With your help, we can make this our best holiday assistance program yet!
Questions? Contact Meghan Hein at Meghan.Hein@foundcom.org or 512-610-4008.