One-on-One Financial Coaching
Begin your journey to long-term financial success
Financial Coaches work one-on-one with residents and community members, empowering them to achieve financial stability and long-term success. Coaches provide clients with the tools to create household budgets, save money over time, reduce debt and improve credit scores.
How to Sign Up
Click here to schedule an appointment. Coaches are available Monday – Saturday.
Who is eligible?
Financial Coaching is available to households with an annual income below $50,000.
Community Financial Center
2600 West Stassney Lane
(at the corner of West Gate and Stassney)
CapMetro Routes: 311 & 238
How much does it cost?
Financial Coaching is free for residents and community members.
What to expect
Financial Coaches can help you:
- Create a financial plan to reach your goals
- Organize your financial paperwork
- Create a budget that works for you
- Create a plan to reduce your debt
- Find a bank account that’s right for you
- Deal with debts in collections
- Create a plan to save for your future or for emergencies
Financial Coaches who are also certified as Credit Counselors can help you:
- Review your credit report line by line
- Create a plan for improving your scores
- Dispute inaccurate information on your credit report
Financial Coaches CANNOT help you:
- File for bankruptcy
- Address legal matters
- Choose or open investment accounts
- Address tax issues
- Modify a mortgage to prevent foreclosure
Who are our Financial Coaches?
Financial Coaches are trained volunteers from the community. Many of them are finance professionals who are eager to share their expertise and help low-income individuals build a better financial future for themselves and their families. The Financial Coaching program may include up to eight one-on-one sessions.
What to bring
- Proof of income (a recent pay stub, last year’s tax return or award letters)
- Any paperwork that you would like to review with your Financial Coach
- Intake form